Thursday, June 14, 2012

Stripes and Old Lady Scarves

Sunglasses - Rayban Wayfarers (free with insurance)
Floral Scarf - Perry Ellis (free via clothes swap)
Striped Tee - White Stag (free via clothes swap)
Black Pencil Skirt - Vintage, Discount Center ($2)
Red Suede Flats - Merona via Goodwill ($6)


I kind of have a thing for items of clothing that an old lady might wear. Take this scarf, for instance; not really sure why I decided I love it, but I do. And I wore it today to spice up an otherwise uneventful ensemble. It also enabled to dabble in a little pattern mixing. I'm not going to lie: I'm pretty sure some of my friends thought I was being a little zany with the mix of the stripes and the flowers, but who cares? I'm not hurting anybody, right?


What's more, I even went for it with the coordinated red lips. Do any of you use the Revlon Just Bitten Lip stains? I really do love them, particularly the red one (Gothic), because they have the impact of a strong lipstick without all the hassle of smears and smudges. Perfect for the summer, provided summer weather ever actually reaches my little beach town. Anybody else counting down the days to full-fledged summer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails