Monday, June 25, 2012

Pastel Pleats and Hospital Stays

Mint Pleated Chiffon Dress - Vintage, Long Beach Flea ($5)
White Cable Knit Sweater - Vintage, Discount Center ($2)
Sea Foam Canvas Pumps - Urban Outfitters ($10)
Black Cat-Eye Sunglasses - Dollar Tree ($1!)


So I came back and vanished again, but for good reason. My mother is currently in the hospital. We found out she has cancer at the end of last January and the past few months have been a blur of doctors appointments, chemo, and the like. Finally, on this past Friday, she had the surgery to remove her tumor. It was a crazy long six and a half hour surgery, but it was successful :) I couldn't be more thankful


In lieu of the craziness of the last few days, there's been no time for outfit photos! However, this is an outfit I  wore two Sundays ago. I absolutely adore how popular this mint color has become over the past few months, but interestingly enough, I've had these mint items for years now. In all honesty, the dress is kind of small for me, but with the sweater layered over it nobody can really tell. At least I hope not ;)



So while I continue to spend the bulk of the days in the hospital at my mom's bedside I make no promises about the frequency of posts, but hopefully I'll be able to scrounge up a few decent photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails