Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's Looking Like A Beautiful Day

Orange Tank - Old Navy ($13)
Skinny Jeans - H&M ($10)
Brown Clog Sandals - Old Navy ($8)

So it's official: I've finally made it to Kauai! We left LAX this morning at 9 am and arrived around 2 pm at Lihue Airport. The above picture was taken in the random but adorable garden section of the Honolulu airport. There was a brief layover there before we made it to Lihue, so my nephew and I did some airport exploration.

I fully intended to do a full blown packing post for this trip, like I did for Indio, but time just got away from me. With only 48 hours between vacations, there wasn't much time for anything other than unpacking, doing a few loads of laundry, and repacking for Kauai. But I'm finally here and all the hassle was definitely worth it.

Though we dedicated today to catching up with our friends (they moved to Kauai from L.A. seven months ago), my mom and I did make an effort to see the beach our first day. Our friends live on the east shore in Kapa'a, about a mile from the ocean. So we braved the sidewalk-less roads and semi-dense jungle and managed to at least put our feet in some water.
It was a tad windy, but still lovely, crystal clear waters. And if you think that picture's a bit lame, check out this outtake:
Day one down, 15 more to go! Expect progressively better photos ;)

"One Day Like This" - Elbow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails