Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'll Help You See It Through

What exactly does one say about vacationing in 115 degree weather? Really, there are no words. My trip to Indio is winding down, and despite the heat it's managed to be pretty great. My days have been filled with family, food and friends. Oh yes, and shorts! I've finally been wearing shorts like I always wished I could. In my normal life, the weather is rarely warm enough for someone like me (prone to a chill) to wear shorts. But that is pretty much what I've been living in for this past week. See exhibit A:
Straw Fedora - Merona, Target ($12)
Blue Printed Romper - Heritage 1981, Forever 21 (gift)
Jelly Sandals - Gap ($5?)

Before you say anything, yes, I know this particular piece of clothing was not present in the items I said I was packing for my trip. My sister actually bought this for me and gave it to me when we got out here, so I had to wear it to show my appreciation. I know not everyone is on the romper bandwagon, but I love them. So comfy and perfect for heat. Then, yesterday I wore this outfit for a day at the outlets:
Black/White Tee - Gap ($4)
Graphic Print Shorts - Gap ($11)
Black Saddle Bag - Claire's ($6?)
Black Gladiator Sandals - Payless ($10?)

This photo doesn't do my shorts justice. The print is just awesome and I waited all summer for them to go on sale. And I continued to show my support for the Gap with this ensemble. On a side note, anybody seen Crazy Stupid Love? Ryan Gosling is adorably gorgeous in it, but the best part is when, during the makeover montage, he slaps Steve Carell's character and forces him to say "I am better than the Gap." Nevermind that I was clad from head-to-toe in Gap as I watched the film - I thought it was hilarious ;)

That's it for now. Expect another check-in post before I fly off to Kauai on Monday. Hope the summer is treating you all as well as it's treating me!

"Waste" - Foster the People

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails