Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You Should Be My Candy Cane

I totally looked amazing today. However, I neglected to take any outfit photos, so you'll just have to take my word for it ;) Still, I didn't want the day to go by without me sharing anything with you all. Thus, I give you a nail polish post. Today's nails were inspired by a spread in last month's Glamour (I think the one with Olivia Wilde on the cover):
Awesome, right? The lime green, though cool, seemed a bit much, so for my version I changed it to a deep red instead. The process was simple enough. First, I applied one coat of a base color. For my version I used Ruby Kisses Red Cameo. Then, one at a time, I applied a second coat of red, immediately followed by thin diagonal lines of white and pink. I used some pretty cheap Kleancolor pink and white nail art colors (the thin bottles w/ the skinny brushes). Then, using a thin nail brush, I made 3 s-shaped swirls in the paint, from top to bottom. That created the wavy design. It probably took about 20 minutes altogether, and here is the finished product:
Not bad, right? It kind of reminds me of peppermints. I also made sure to use my newly purchased Seche Vite base and quick drying topcoat. Any of you ever used Seche Vite? I've used the topcoat for the past couple months, and it's pretty amazing how quickly it dries nails. In ten minutes I can wash dishes with newly painted nails without worrying about any smears. I just bought their base coat last week though, so I'm very eager to see if the combo of the base and topcoat will make my fancy new manicure more durable. I'll let you know the verdict in a few days :)

"Sugar So Sweet" - Tyrone Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails