Sunday, July 31, 2011

We Draw Lines In The Sand

Brown Sunglasses - H&M ($3)
Brown Lace Cardigan - Xhiliration, Target ($5)
Pink Lace-embellished Dress - Vintage, Long Beach Flea ($5!)
Gold Cocktail Ring - Forever 21 ($4?)
Taupe Peep-toe Heels - Simply Vera, Kohl's ($2!)

I know Sunday is almost over, but this is what I wore today. Honestly, this dress is a bit too small for me at the top, but I love it so much that I just feel the urge to squeeze myself into it every now then. The tightness is essentially unnoticeable, unless I breath deeply, that is. The things I'm willing to do for a beloved vintage dress.

Another strike against me: I totally spilled some sort of oil-based salad dressing on the bottom of my dress today. There's construction work happening at my place of worship, and I volunteered this afternoon to serve the workers lunch. Sadly, whilst carrying out a tray of salad I stumbled a little and spilled on the hem of my dress which my apron wasn't able to cover. It's not really obvious in the photo, but the stains are definitely there. Hopefully nothing a little Woolite and a prayer can't take care of.

On a completely unrelated note, just where has the entire month of July gone? I cannot believe tomorrow is already August 1. While for some that might mean the end of summer, for me, it's really just the beginning. Tomorrow I'm going on what I've been calling my "pre-vacation" vacation. My family (mom, sister, nephews, cousin) and a bunch of my friends are all spending a week in our time share in Indio, CA. We go every summer and basically just spend the whole time eating, swimming and shopping; not much else to do when it is 110 degrees outside. However, after we come back, I'll be going on my real vacation: 17 days in Kauai, HI!

Today I spent most of the afternoon trying to pack my clothes for the five days in Indio. I doubt this will surprise anyone, but I tend to over pack. I can't help it! I have so many clothes, and I can never decide what I absolutely need, so I usually just opt to take everything. Terrible reasoning, I know. However, today I tried super hard to narrow my items down and this was the final result:
Though these items also include what I'm wearing for the ride to Indio tomorrow, I don't really think I succeeded on the packing front. I recognize that there is no way I will need all these clothes (oh yeah, I've put 3 swimsuits - don't judge), but I'm taking them regardless. I've just got too many summer clothes that I want to wear. I am also realizing that I may spend to much time shopping at the Gap and H&M. Whatever the case, I better get my act together soon or else, who knows what kind of drama I'll stir up trying to pack for two and a half weeks in Hawaii!

"Elongo" - Bedouin Soundclash

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails