Monday, July 11, 2011

Trying To Make It Real

Brown Rounded Wayfarers - H&M ($3)
Leopard-print Dress - Zara ($20, but free w/ gift card)
Brown Bow Peep-toe Heels - Zara ($15, but free w/ gift card)
Gold/Rhinestone Bow Bracelet - H&M ($2)
Gold Watch - Guess, Rose Bowl Flea Market ($10)

Can you believe that it is already July 11? (7/11 is free Slurpee day, for all of you not in the know). I know this is ridiculous, but I already feel like the summer is wasting away. I haven't even gone on any vacations yet! But enough complaining already.

This outfit is actually from a few Sundays ago, but I never got around to posting it. Isn't this dress adorable? I can't say that I ever thought I'd wear a full-on leopard print dress, but somehow in these muted shades and super-soft fabric it just works. I've worn it a few times since I bought it last winter, but this is its first blog appearance. I was also brave and added a bold lip to this ensemble. Red would have been the obvious lipstick choice, but I went a bit more subdued for a Sunday morning and used Loreal's Infallible Lipstick in Rosé. It still packs a punch though.

Despite my laments, this past week/end was the first where I really felt like it was summer. Saturday we threw a surprise graduation party for my nephew. He was genuinely surprised and scored a bunch of loot, so it was an overall success. Also, the weather was just perfect, so I was finally able to wear my cut-off shorts (white Levi's) and my beloved chambray shirt; sadly, there are no decent photos of my party outfit because I spent most of the time hostessing and stuffing my face with food ;)

Another pivotal summer activity took place yesterday afternoon when my friend N and I rode our bikes down to the beach for the first time. The first thing we realized was how out of shape we are. The second was how crazy the beach is on the weekend, a reminder of why I usually only go on rides on weekdays. Nevertheless, we spent a few hours at the beach, hit up the grocery store for some cake (don't ask - we just like cake) and ended the night in the Jacuzzi. Quintessential summer day.

How has the summer been treating all of you guys? Are you just starting to enjoy it, or are your sights already set on the fall? Let me know in the comments!

"Compared to What" - John Legend and The Roots

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails