Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Let's Share Our Pot of Gold

Leopard Cardigan - Harve Benard, Sears ($6?)
Mustard Yellow Tank Top - Calvin Klein (free via clothes swap)
Chambray Button-down Skirt - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters ($5)
Brown Strappy Wedges - Mossimo via Goodwill ($7)

Today was "yellow" day, as determined by the fine folks over at Everybody, Everywear. Firstly, I am obviously wearing yellow. Secondly, I was thoroughly underwhelmed by this outfit. I love the effect a shot of color can have on an outfit or even a person's outlook, but this mustard tank was just not doing it for me.

Yellow | Everybody, Everywear

Or maybe I'm projecting those feelings of lameness from the quasi-cold I am developing and the ridiculous drama that took place at work today (I'll spare you the details). But even though I was not feeling this look, I opted to share it with you guys just to show you that I gave it a shot. Do I get an "A" for effort, at least? Hopefully Tuesday went better for you than it did for me, but tomorrow's a new day so I'll think positively.

While I'll reserve my true emotions for once the deed is done, tomorrow I am getting a haircut! Not only have I not gotten a haircut in ages, I have never (in my entire life!) gone to a professional salon, so tomorrow will be a huge milestone. Don't let my braided bun fool you - I've got a TON of hair, which is a part of the reason why I never go to salons. It just costs too much money to get done. But I desperately need to cut off all my split ends so I can get some fresh growth, and my friend Q persuaded me to go with her to some salon in Beverly Hills. Let's hope they're are no regrets and stay tuned for a new and (hopefully) improved 'do!

"Rainbow" - Jessie J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails