Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Wouldn't Be Caught Dead In This Place

I've done it again guys. I know how déclassé (at least according to the "rules" of style) it is for someone to wear a matchy-matchy outfit, but can I just say that it's something I secretly love. And when I bought the electric blue Calyspo St. Barth for Target espadrilles I just knew I was going to wear them with every electric blue piece of clothing I own, even it meant getting crazy looks!

From the moment I saw Jessica of What I Wore wear this outfit, I knew I'd be coveting those shoes. I finally bought them last Saturday, and have worn them three times already! While Jessica was much more creative with her styling (of course!), I couldn't help but pair my new fave shoes with my old fave summer dress. Here's what yesterday's outfit entailed:
Cream Beaded Cardigan - GAP ($10)
Electric Blue Tank Dress - GAP ($8)
Gold Whistle Necklace - Forever 21 ($4)
Electric Blue Espadrille Wedges - Calypso St. Barth for Target ($7.50!)

Amazed by the price I paid for the shoes? Believe me, so am I. All the CSB for Target just went on sale at my local Targets, so I have no clue why these beauties were marked down so low, but I certainly am happy about it. I can't tell you how many complements I've gotten on them for the past week, and they are super comfy for a whole day of walking.
Turquoise Asymmetrical Hem Tee - Mossimo (free via clothes swap)
White Jeans - Old Navy ($8?)

Today I repeated my fashion faux pas and paired the shoes with a slouchy turquoise tee and another summer staple, my beloved white jeans. It was the perfect casual-but-cool summer ensemble for me, and made me feel quite cheerful despite having to work from 7:30 am to 6 pm. So, to sum everything up, I LOVE these shoes! No, I did not need another pair of shoes (even if they were such a great price), but I did clear out four pairs of shoes from my closet in order to justify this purchase. That makes it a little better, right?

On a completely unrelated note, it is officially exactly one month until I leave for Kauai! You might not remember, but my mother, my nephew and I are going to visit our friends in Kauai Aug.8 - Aug.25. It's our first time to Hawaii so we are all ridiculously excited (Well, except for my nephew since the trip is a graduation present for him and he doesn't know he's going yet. Awesome, right?) I'm already thinking about what to pack (we want to try to check in only one suitcase for the three of us). These espadrilles just might make the cut!
And just for kicks, here's a close-up of my latest nail polish. Most exciting news ever: an Ulta just opened down the street from my house! As far as I know, there was never an Ulta anywhere in L.A., so this was very exciting for me. Last week I went with my trusty Glamour mag coupon ($5 of $10 purchase!) and bought two new polishes. I got Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Sunset Orange and Sally Hansen Crackle in Antiqued Gold (which I'm wearing here over Sinful Colors Snow Me White). While I love the light gold-almost-silver color, I still believe the OPI shatter works better than any of the other shatter lines out there. But for a few dollars less, I suppose Sally Hansen will suffice ;)

"But It's Better If You Do" - Panic! At The Disco

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails