Monday, July 18, 2011

Ain't Nobody Going To Interrupt My Game

White Cable Knit Sweater - Vintage, Discount Thrift ($1.50)
Pink Midi Skirt - Vintage, Goodwill ($6)
Beige Leather Platform Sandals - Chinese Laundry, Fallas Paredes ($10)
Gold Quilted Chain-strap Purse - Gianni Bini (free via clothes swap)

Happy Monday! Today was pretty uneventful. The sun was shining, and I took a rather enjoyable (and lazy!) afternoon nap. Also, I finally upgraded to a new phone, which I was long overdue for. I mean, it's no iPhone but it's light years away from my old clunky, brick of a phone. And although this is yet again not what I actually wore today (more like last week), just remembering this outfit is putting a smile on my face.

Aren't there just some clothing items in your closet that automatically make you happy when you wear them? This skirt is one of them. Just as I was getting weary of seeing all the midi skirts in style magazines, I happened upon this skirt last May. Not only does it have large pleats and polka-dots, but I am also in love with the soft pink/blush color. Everything I'd ever want from a midi skirt. On a completely unrelated note, I'm currently in the market for a new car. My mom's car has been decommissioned, so my plan is to give her my old (but reliable) Corolla and invest in a new car for me. That being said, I've never had a car note, and I'm a little terrified as to what a monthly payment will do to my financial status. I'm seriously thinking of adopting a year-long no-shopping policy a la Mel of Une Vie Geniale. While I do realize she's recently lifted her shopping ban, she did last six months, which is more than I have ever done. I know I'm a thrifty shopper, but I do already have so much clothing; at least 6 months should be feasible, don't you think?

"Faded" - Soul Decision

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails