Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sometimes I Get A Feeling

Camel-colored Cardigan - Forever 21 (free via swap)
Peach Silk Cropped Tank - Vintage (free via swap)
Gold Whistle Necklace - Forever 21 ($4)
White Linen Pencil Skirt - Vintage, Discount Center ($2)
Beige Flats - Cotton On ($5)

Do you ever feel like you're not living up to your potential? I get that feeling at times. Last week I came in contact with someone I went to school with my whole life (I'm talking 4th grade through college). Our families still run in the same circles, and my nephew and his sister are even in the same grade and go to the same school too. While he's made some questionable lifestyle choices, he's currently a secular success - he's got a fancy jet-setting job and life. I, on the other, hand, am by no means a failure, but I'm definitely living a much less glamorous life.

Given my auspicious scholastic career (graduated at the top of high school class, got my degree in 3 years), I'd have expected slightly grander things for me. And yet, sometimes when I feel like that, I try to remind myself that this is the life I actually chose for myself. Maybe I don't travel the world constantly and mingle with celebrities, but I also don't have an overbearing boss or deadlines to meet or overtime to work. I have the satisfaction of knowing that I can make ends meet and I can leave the country at a moments notice without worrying about my job status. It's a balance, I suppose, so I've resolved to be content. Relatively speaking.
Sorry for getting all introspective on you guys, but this all was stirred up because I got a new job today! Nothing fancy, but I'm going to be working with a private tutoring agency. This is, of course, in addition to my work at the college and my telecommuting consultant work for a local doctor's office. I think it's just what I needed to utilize a bit more of my brainpower and get some more cash at the same time. And the interview gave me an opportunity to get dressed up. I'm loving neutrals, particularly in airy materials since it's getting warmer. I was inspired by this photo:
What summer trends are you all loving right now?

"Something's Got A Hold On Me" - Christina Aguilera (Burlesque Soundtrack)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails