Friday, June 24, 2011

Let The Moment Last

Silver Chandelier Earrings - Wet Seal ($2.50)
Denim Vest - American Eagle via Goodwill ($3.50)
Strapless Abstract Print Maxi Dress - Macy's ($13 w/ gift card)
Black Raffia Belt - Wet Seal ($2.50)
Black Gladiator Sandals - Payless ($8?)
Silver Leaf Cuff - Charlotte Russe ($3)

I cannot believe it is already graduation season again. Last week my oldest nephew graduated from middle school, and today the second oldest graduated from elementary school. The ceremony was held at his school in L.A., and I knew it would be warm so I dressed to be cool.

I may be overreacting a bit, but it kind of felt like the longest graduation ceremony EVER. I honestly think it was longer than my college ceremony at 'SC. A full two hours for about 50 fifth graders! But I had to go out there to support the fam, so I suffered through it.
This outfit consists of a few new acquisitions. This dress was such a great bargain, and you all know how I love a good maxi dress. It's strapless, super cozy and in my favorite color palette! Translation: I've worn it three times in the past two weeks. Don't judge me. I am also loving this denim vest. I'd been searching for one for ages with the right wash, fit and just the right amount of distressing. This is definitely it. I foresee many a summer outfit featuring this item.

Also, did you notice my nails today? Well, here's a close up:
My inspiration? Well, color-blocking of course, but I did get the idea from a an old InStyle clipping I kept on my bulletin board. For my version I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Flashy Fuschia and Jumpin' Jade.

I did the shatter leopard print last week, and the color-blocking this week. Next week I guess I'll be moving on to the graphic stripes. We'll see how ambitious I'm feeling.

"The Graduation Song" - Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails