Friday, June 24, 2011

Don't Over Think It

In case you might of forgotten in my month-long hiatus, I am a member of Fashion-Beauty-Friend-Friday group. Liz always comes up with great questions, so I'm psyched to be back posting. This week's questions are right up my alley, so enjoy ;) And be sure to check out everybody else's answers over at Modly Chic!

1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping?
In general, no. Before I started my blog I was already becoming obsessed with vintage silhouettes. However, since I've started blogging, I may be a little more adventurous with my vintage finds. If anything, blogging has taught me to see that a severely dated, borderline ugly dress can become a potential gem with a few alterations.
(a few dresses I rescued through alteration)

2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?
They used to comment, but now I think they've gotten used to it so they no longer feel the need ;) In most situations, I am more dressed up than my friends and family. But I'd rather be overdressed than under-dressed on ANY occasion. I get a lot of flack for wearing dresses, skirts and/or heels as regular wardrobe stables. A few weeks ago I wore a maxi skirt to Disneyland and my friend K almost had an aneurysm (she has unspoken rules about dresses/skirts @ DLand). I expected it, but couldn't quite comprehend why she couldn't understand that an easy, breezy maxi skirt has the comfort equivalent of sweatpants to me! And my family seems to have come to the consensus that I dress like an old lady. A classy old lady, but an old lady nonetheless.

3. What's the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren't bold enough to wear it?
This isn't that weird, but I secretly love flowy, printed palazzo pants. This from a girl who viscerally hated gaucho pants because they were pants trying too hard to be a skirt. Go figure. While I don't think I'd be brave enough to don palazzo pants (particularly given the reaction of my friends/family!), I do love the looks I've seen bloggers like Kyla make with them.

4.Looking at current trends - what would like to try but need to build up the courage to do?
(image: glamour.com)

Bright coral pants. Homerunballerina and KendiEveryday have mastered the art of the colored pant, but have yet to jump on that bandwagon. I do have a pair of red jeans, but I wear them rarely. And really, coral is a bit more daring, don't you think?

5. Toot someone's horn - what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices?
By far it would have to be Krystal of This Time Tomorrow. Her's was one of the first blogs I started reading years ago. Since then she's deservedly grown more popular and her outfits are always so amazing. Each combination she makes works beautifully, even if I'd be too chicken to wear it. And her shoes! I admire anyone who can rock the heels she rocks on a daily basis (and in Frisco, no less!).

I can't wait to read what my fellow FBFF-ers had to say on this topic!

"No Mozart" - Natasha Bedingfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails