Thursday, May 12, 2011

In That Dream I Could Hardly Contain It

This week's FBFF questions have to do with our outside influences. I can't promise my answers will be the most insightful, but I can't wait to read what everyone else has to say on the matter :)


1. What magazines do you subscribe to?

My magazine subscriptions have more to do with the amount of disposable income that I have more than what I would actually like to subscribe to. I think, if the opportunity presented itself, I'd probably subscribe to dozens of magazines. But alas, I have neither the funds nor the time to read them all. Still, at various times in my life I am subscribed to Lucky, Rolling Stone, Teen Vogue, Entertainment Weekly, People Style Watch and Marie Claire.


2. Do you watch any fashion TV shows?

Not really. I'm kind of anti-reality tv as a rule, which means no Top Model or Project Runway. I do love the fashion of some of the scripted shows I watch. The professional attire of the doctors on Private Practice is pretty gorgeous. And of course, when I used to watch Gossip Girl every characters' clothes were a-mazing.

3. Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion inspiration?

The only website I regularly hit up is Glamour.com. Their Slaves to Fashion blog always has something awesome to interest me. I also regularly view retail lookbooks - J Crew, Zara, H&M and Forever 21.


4. Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… what ads do you like and why?

I really am not an ad person. I rarely, if ever, take note of them. I do kind of like the new H&M tv ads where they just show a model wearing an outfit and the price of the featured clothing item. I appreciate the simplicity and transparency of it. There not trying to reel us in with tricky advertsing tactics - they just want to sell clothes. I can respect that.



5. Do you own any fashion books?

No . . . but I always swear I will buy some! I frequently checkout fashion books from the library, but have yet to actually purchase my favorite ones. I am huge fan of the Lucky Style manuals and The Gospel According to Coco. And I am fairly certain that I will be buying Jessica Quirk's upcoming release What I Wore: Four Seasons, One Closet, Endless Recipes for Personal Style. My favorite kind of fashion books are the more practical ones, ones that guide you in how to dress for day-to-day life in a fashionable and flattering way.


So there you have it. Thanks Katy for another set of interesting questions and if any of you out there aren't yet a member of FBFF, head over to Modly Chic to learn how you can join in the conversation!


"Grown Ocean" - Fleet Foxes (FYI, an amazing song. Listen to it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails