Monday, April 25, 2011

We're Bridging the Gap

Fuschia Blazer - Liz Claiborne Petites, Goodwill ($10)
White V-neck Tee - Nollie, PacSun ($3)
Chambray Button-down Skirt - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters ($5!)
Wings Ring - Forever 21 ($5)
Brown Wedge Sandals - Mossimo via Goodwill ($7)

So I spent the weekend in San Diego and did some major shopping. Did I intend to shop? No, but what can I say - it's my mom and I's favorite past time. And the Gap was having an a-mazing sale at Fashion Valley mall, so it is what it is. Stay tuned for those pieces.

However, today's outfit features some newly thrifted items that I am oh-so-happy to have in my closet. Is this blazer not a dream? A few weeks ago I saw a bright pink blazer at Zara and fell in love. Of course, I was completely unwilling to pay $60+ for it, but I still dreamed about. Enter Goodwill. I picked up this totally 80s version two weeks ago for a whopping $10. Now, $10 is a bit more than I like to spend on thrifted items, but I just loved everything about this blazer. And though this is it's first blog appearance, I have already worn it three times since I bought it, so I am definitely getting my money's worth ;)
My other new acquisition? These awesome Target wedges. I know many of you have seen these shoes around everywhere. If you want to see the real deal, check out Jen of JenLovesKev who has the authentic Dolce Vita version in brown. I, on the other hand, have the Target knock-offs, but they look pretty much identical to me. Secondly, I totally thrifted this pair at my local Goodwill too! Our Goodwills in my part of town tend to get hand-me-downs from the local Target stores (for no rhyme or reason), and these shoes were completely new, but somehow ended up at Goodwill. Maybe they were a return or something so Target shipped it over to Goodwill. Whatever the case, I only paid $7 for them even though they are still selling at my local Target for $30. So great deal, right?

Lastly, this button-front skirt has been a cherished item in my closet, but for some reason it's never made it onto the blog. I scored it last November on Black Friday and then proceeded to wear it half a dozen times throughout my Christmas break. It's super comfy and adorable so I expect it to get a ton of mileage this spring. Really, everything about this outfit just made me smile. Are there any items in your closet that you wear that automatically make you feel good about yourself? Let me know about them in the comments :)
*Side note: My good friend J finally had her baby on Saturday night! I went straight to the hospital yesterday afternoon as soon as I got back from San Diego. Is anything more fun than a newborn baby?

"Like That" - Black Eyed Peas feat. Cee-lo, Talib Kweli & John Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails