Monday, April 4, 2011

Well She Craves Affection

Owl Print Tunic - She Said, JC Penney ($2 with coupon)
Black Leggings - Charlotte Russe (gift)
Gold Bird Connector Ring - Forever 21 ($3)
Color-block Leather Sandals - Simply Vera, Kohl's ($7)

Do you have items in your closet that you swear you love, yet you almost never wear them? I know, I know, if you haven't worn something for over a year you should get rid of it, but I'm talking about things you wear maybe once or twice a year. Are they still worth holding on to if you really think you love them?

Winded commentary aside, these shoes fall squarely in that category. I bought them a few years ago and loved the quirkiness of the stacked wood heel and nude/black straps. They are super comfy too, and yet I wear them twice a year at best. But I still refuse to part with them. And it's a good thing too because who knew color blocking would be such a big trend this season. Imagine my shock when I saw these Nine West shoes in February's People Style Watch:
While they are clearly a classier version than my shoe, they do have a similar aesthetic, and so I was inspired to wear my neglected sandals to work today. Other than the ridiculous amount of noise the heels made clacking through the hallways, I felt good about wearing them. I really think they elevated an otherwise uneventful outfit.
Speaking of my outfit, lest you decry my lack of color, this is my "print" outfit for the Color Rotation. Yes, my tunic has owls printed on it. Adorably kitschy, no? Especially for $2. A very comfy and practical outfit for the ever dreaded Monday. But getting back to my previous point, do any of you have items you love but never use in your closet? What inspires you to wear your neglected pieces?

"She Loves Everybody" - Chester French

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails