Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Not So Bad

I am all about this week's Fashion Beauty Friend Friday questions because they center on gratitude, and really, who of us doesn't need a reminder every now and then of all the people and things we should be grateful for? I know I do.

1. When it comes to me personally – I owe a lot of who I am to:
my mother. We are super close and are pretty much always on the same page. Everything about me, my faith, values and morals all stem from the kind of person she is and the way she's lived her life. Of course, my dad plays a big part too (in fact, our personalities are so similar that we often clash), but my mom and I definitely have a special bond. I don't know what I'd do without her!

2. When it comes to me professionally – I owe a lot of who I am to:
No clue. My degree is in journalism, but I don't really work in that field. I love teaching English on a one-on-one basis like I do as a tutor, but I don't think I'd ever want to the full responsibility of being a credentialed teacher. My professional life doesn't hold that much significance for me other than providing a way for me to support myself. My only goal professionally has always been to work at a job I enjoy, regardless of how much money I might make. Who knows who I got that idea from!

3. When it comes to the art of blogging, I’m grateful to these people for helping me through some rough spots:
Sorry to be so boring, but nobody in particular fits the bill here. My blog is pretty small, so there haven't been any major problems. Still, I'm grateful to all the wonderful bloggers out there who inspire me daily to take risks and put myself out there. Things that definitely go against my own natural inclinations.

4. One blogging challenge I’m grateful happened because it made me
stronger was…
when I first started my blog and then quit for about 3 months. I had given up because I really wasn't getting the sort of feedback I wanted and hadn't really committed to it. However, somehow during those three months I realized that for me, blogging wasn't really about getting attention and being followed and getting sponsors (though that would always be awesome) - it was about giving myself a creative outlet that I had been lacking for a long time. That break from blogging really motivated me to appreciate my blog for what I wanted it to be: a way for me to express myself on my own terms.

5. To my readers, I’d like to say…
thanks! It always boggles my mind that anybody would want to read something I write, let alone follow my blog. And then, to even comment or interact with me? I am eternally grateful. Having got caught up in the intricate world that is the blogosphere, there are so many lifestyle blogs that I follow so regularly that I feel like I know these girls. Like we're friends in real life or something. So the idea that even one of my blog followers might feel the same way about me is pretty heartwarming.

And that is that. I can't wait to read all the things my fellow FBFF members are grateful for and thanks to Katy of Modly Chic for these great questions!

"Thank You" - Dido


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails