1. Platform Wedges – While I can’t say I’m on board for all the 70s revival I’m seeing out there (flared jeans? Not so much), I am all about the mega-high platform heel. It gives you the glamour of a high heel, but with the comfort and the practicality of flat (almost). I’ve got a couple pairs of wedge heels in my arsenal already, but I’ve been ogling this pair at Macy’s for quite some time:
(Rocket Dog Sadie Wedge)
Here’s hoping they go on sale soon!
2. Maxi Dresses – I love a good maxi dress. When styled properly they can make you look very sophisticated, but they are super comfortable and easy to wear. Are you sensing a pattern? I want to look nice, but without any effort. Isn’t that what we’d all like? Lulu’s has a monopoly on gorgeous maxi dresses that I would love to own:
3. Bright Colors/Coral/Orange – So you all know that I’ve been trying to wear more color on a day-to-day basis. Spring time is the perfect time to embrace neon hues that would normally be a bit over the top. In particular, I really want to incorporate this season’s it-color coral and orange elements since I don’t really own anything in those shades. Here are a few items I think might be able to help me do just that:
4. Rompers – Maybe this trend is over, but I refuse to surrender! I collected a dozen rompers last summer, and I still see them popping up in magazines and lookbooks so I have to assume they are still viable. What better way to herald in spring than with an all-in-one short ensemble with a cutesy print (think florals or polka dots or even hearts!). It’s been a struggle not to buy these ones given that I already own so many:
5. Daytime Sequins – I love sequins, but I generally feel obligated to relegate them to the night. Tons of my favorite stores lookbooks (I’m talking to you J.Crew!) have been featuring casual daytime outfits that incorporate my beloved sequins. Maybe it’s a pair of lovely camel-colored sequined shorts worn with a chambray shirt or a nautical-inspired sweater dress with navy paillettes – either way, it sounds like spring to me!
Geez. After all that now I really want to go shopping. Who's with me?
"Loca" - Shakira feat. Dizzee Rascal