Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm Crazy But You Like It

It's Friday again, which means that it's time for another Fashion Beauty Friend Friday post. I know I haven't participated in a while, but that's mainly been due to having no time, not because I don't totally love the awesome questions Katy of Modly Chic comes up with. This week's prompt is simple enough: What are the top 5 Spring trends that you are looking forward to seeing/sporting this season?

1. Platform Wedges – While I can’t say I’m on board for all the 70s revival I’m seeing out there (flared jeans? Not so much), I am all about the mega-high platform heel. It gives you the glamour of a high heel, but with the comfort and the practicality of flat (almost). I’ve got a couple pairs of wedge heels in my arsenal already, but I’ve been ogling this pair at Macy’s for quite some time:

(Rocket Dog Sadie Wedge)
Here’s hoping they go on sale soon!

2. Maxi Dresses – I love a good maxi dress. When styled properly they can make you look very sophisticated, but they are super comfortable and easy to wear. Are you sensing a pattern? I want to look nice, but without any effort. Isn’t that what we’d all like? Lulu’s has a monopoly on gorgeous maxi dresses that I would love to own:

(L - Evening Disclosure Navy Blue Maxi ,R - Lighten Your Load Pale Blue Maxi)

3. Bright Colors/Coral/Orange – So you all know that I’ve been trying to wear more color on a day-to-day basis. Spring time is the perfect time to embrace neon hues that would normally be a bit over the top. In particular, I really want to incorporate this season’s it-color coral and orange elements since I don’t really own anything in those shades. Here are a few items I think might be able to help me do just that:

(L - Vibrant Woven Dress, R - Springtime Eyelet Sweater)

4. Rompers – Maybe this trend is over, but I refuse to surrender! I collected a dozen rompers last summer, and I still see them popping up in magazines and lookbooks so I have to assume they are still viable. What better way to herald in spring than with an all-in-one short ensemble with a cutesy print (think florals or polka dots or even hearts!). It’s been a struggle not to buy these ones given that I already own so many:

(L - ASOS Screen Siren Red Playsuit , R - ASOS Heart Print Playsuit)

5. Daytime Sequins – I love sequins, but I generally feel obligated to relegate them to the night. Tons of my favorite stores lookbooks (I’m talking to you J.Crew!) have been featuring casual daytime outfits that incorporate my beloved sequins. Maybe it’s a pair of lovely camel-colored sequined shorts worn with a chambray shirt or a nautical-inspired sweater dress with navy paillettes – either way, it sounds like spring to me!

( Merino Confetti Stripe Sweater-dress)

Geez. After all that now I really want to go shopping. Who's with me?

"Loca" - Shakira feat. Dizzee Rascal

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails