Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello Sunshine

Floral Print Cardigan - Jaclyn Smith, Kmart ($5)
Yellow Wool Pleated Dress - Vintage, Goodwill ($2)
Taupe T-strap Heels - Simply Vera, Kohl's ($2 with coupon)

Try as I might, I cannot seem to find anything orange to add to my closet. I'm on Spring Break this week (woo hoo!), so to celebrate, my friend Q and I spent the morning/afternoon shopping in Santa Monica. Sure, there were tons of beautiful orange clothes out of my price range, but nothing that I'm willing to actually fork over the cash for just yet. In fact, all I bought today was a ring from Forever 21. Grand total: a whopping $5. What can I say, I'm a big spender.

That was all a roundabout way of me explaining why I skipped orange in the Color Rotation and just moved right on to yellow. The above outfit was actually worn yesterday and features my favorite thrifted-and-altered dress. It's made multiple blog appearances so I'll spare you the detail shots of the button up back, but just know that nothing I own makes me feel more like a lady than this dress. I love it!

As a bonus, here's a phone shot of what I wore Saturday to help my friend Q throw a bridal shower for her best friend:
Black Blazer - Gap ($18)
Silver/Black Romper - Lucca Couture, Urban Outfitters ($12)
Black Tights w/ Glitter Back Seam - Urban Outfitters ($5)
Black Platform Lace-up Wedges - Forever 21 ($28)

I fully intended to take real photos of this outfit, but by the time I had a brief moment to take a photo, my camera battery had died :( So Q's niece took this picture of me on her phone. It suffices, but I really would have loved a back shot so you all would have been able to see the awesomeness that is my tights. They have a back seam of sparkly silver glitter. Amazing, right?

Since I was working the shower and not actually a guest, I went for classy and festive, but not so festive that I'd show up the bride or actual guests. True story: I bought this romper a year ago (when I still had my super Urban discount), and this is only the second time I've worn it. Terrible, right? I do like it a lot, but there just aren't many places for me to wear it to. So I was really glad I got to use it over the weekend.

Anybody else on Spring Break? Hope you're enjoying it like I am!

"Hello/Goodbye (Uncool)" - Lupe Fiasco
)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails