Wednesday, March 2, 2011

We Shine Together

Navy Crocheted Drape Cardigan - Old Navy ($7.50)
Yellow Ruffle Yoke Blouse - Apostrophe, Sears ($3?)
Red Knit Pencil Skirt - Forever 21 ($4)
Red Fishnet Stockings - Xhiliration, Target (gift)
Brown Leather Riding Boots - Vintage Ralph Lauren, Goodwill ($10)

When I saw this post by Jentine over at my edit, I knew I'd be mimicking her ensemble. I've done the primary color bit before (see here and here), but I especially loved her addition of leopard print heels. Now I do own a pair of leopard heels and the necessary blue blazer, but today it was colder than I anticipated. Thus, I switched out the blazer for this drape-y sweater I just bought and had to replace the heels with boots, a warmer alternative. Turns out it's a good thing I did since it even started raining today, and I would have been freezing without my boots.

Still, even with my adjustments, I love the way the whole outfit came together. All my color was just what I needed to cheer up a pretty bland day. And I got the chance to bust out my red fishnets that I was given months ago, but never really found a use for. Until today, that is.
(Superhero Stance!)

In more interesting news, Colleen of Scrap and Run will be starting a Color Rotation Challenge on March 15, and I'm actually going to participate! Imagine me, actually being a participant. I know many bloggers have been all about the "30 for 30" lately, but I've been too chicken to commit myself to such an endeavor. But this Color Rotation seems like it would be much more feasible for me. If you want to know details about the challenge, be sure to check out Colleen's post about it here.

And I only found out about Colleen's challenge because I most recently joined the blogger group "Friend Beauty Friend Friday." The group, organized by Katy of Modly Chic fame, includes bloggers from all over the world, and every Friday we all post answers to a series of questions (on varied topics) that Katy chooses. I think it will definitely help me generate some more original content for my blog, and I look forward to meeting some more awesome bloggers. Look out for my first post this Friday!

"Umbrella" - Rihanna (but I was listening to the Marie Digby cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails