Sunday, March 20, 2011

Put A Smile On Your Face

Tan Trench Coat - GAP ($20)
Peach Pleated Silk Dress - Ross, years ago ($6)
Metallic Gold Pumps - Steve Madden, Burlington Coat Factory ($10)

So in theory, the beginning of Spring should be putting a smile on my face. However, we are having a torrential rain storm today. I thought it was supposed to be
April showers! Whatever the case, it was literally raining on my face (get it?) as I quickly took these pictures. Being that I was in danger of being soaked and my neighbors were no doubt questioning my sanity, I only took two shots and then made a run for it. And by it I mean my house and the pajamas that awaited me there.

Remember when I said I didn't own any orange clothing? I was pretty spot on. Wednesday night I started poring through my closet in search of anything orange that I could incorporate into an outfit for Thursday, and all I could find was the dress I wore today and a peach pencil skirt. The dress was much to fancy for work (where they already think I overdress), and I could think of no way to style the pencil skirt for the cool temps expected on Thursday. Thus, I shirked my Color Rotation duties Thursday, Friday and Saturday. But I'm starting anew today, so consider this my entry for orange.
In the meantime, I will definitely be on the lookout for vibrant orange clothes. Given my love for red, I'm surprised I have so little orange. And I think it's a flattering color for people of my complexion. Go figure. I am also on the lookout for some casual black wedge sandals. Something with substantial height, but not too trendy or dressy. And under $20. That's key. Any particular items you all have been looking out for lately?

"Smile" - Vitamin C

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails