Thursday, March 3, 2011

In My Head I Paint A Picture

Floral Print Scarf - Divided, H&M ($7?)
Black Stone Cluster Necklace - Rampage, years ago ($2)
Light Wash Chambray Shirt - GAP ($8?)
Black Leather Pencil Skirt - GAP, Goodwill ($6)
Black Wedge Booties - Forever 21 ($25?)

So I'm going for a record two days in a row when my outfit has been inspired by another blogger. Today I had in mind an outfit the always stylish Krystal of This Time Tomorrow wore here. While I always love everything she wears, her outfits are usually a bit too bold (or impractical shoe-wise) for me to ever consider. Still, her combo of chambray shirt and leather skirt called out to me. Though two out of my three jobs don't allow me to wear denim, today I was on campus where even sweatpants (!!) are considered acceptable work attire, so I gave it a go.

Again, I had to make a few modifications to make the whole ensemble work for me: I don't have a full leather skirt, so I had to go with the pencil version. And while bare legs are great, it was too cold today for any of that (at least to me) so I added some opaque tights. Lastly, while I do own black platform pumps, they would not have been comfy enough for trekking around campus all day. Hence, the wedge booties. And the scarf kept my neck warm in the morning.
Changes aside, I love the juxtaposition of the casual chambray shirt and the edgier leather skirt. I'm pretty sure the students I work with thought I was severely overdressed, but if I can't dress up for work, when can I? I definitely felt polished and stylish so score one for Thursday!

"Valerie" - Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails