Monday, March 28, 2011

I Thought I Couldn't Do This Without You

Oh man. The last five days have really been a blur. Hence, the long blog absence. But don't think that just because I've been MIA that I've been neglecting my Color Rotation duties. Never may that be so! I've just been super busy, and, to top it all off, I just may be getting sick. But I'm fighting it valiantly (vitamin c and Robitussin DM around the clock!), so we'll see if I can cut it off at the pass, so to speak.

So here's the picture heavy recap of what I've been doing sartorially for the past few days. First, there was purple:
Purple Knit Sweater Dress - Merona, Target ($6)
Gold Rose Necklace - Forever 21 ($2)
Purple Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($2)
Sheer Black Dot Tights - Target ($3?)
Black Lace-up Boots - Dolce Vita for Target ($26)

I wore this to work on Thursday. It was a long day as usual, so I wanted to be comfy and warm. What says that better than a sweater dress, tights and boots? I've had this dress for a while, and I've worn it at least half a dozen times, but this is its first blog appearance. It's super versatile and I love the plum color and cable knit.

Then there was pink:
Off White Wool Cardigan - The Limited via Goodwill ($6)
Pink Tiered Dress - Merona, Target ($6)
Nude Leather Platform Heels - Chinese Laundry, Fallas Paredes ($10)

If you've followed this blog for a while, you may remember that I bought this dress for my friend's wedding last summer. I never wore it again because I wanted to save it for another special occasion. This past weekend I had a 2-day religious convention of sorts, so I wore this on Saturday. The melon-y pink color is so fun, as is the ruffly skirt. I kind of felt like a frothy dessert. But in a good way :) And the shoes - I cannot say enough good things about these shoes. I was on my feet for hours in the them and they are so comfortable. I could walk in them for days!

Sunday was supposed to be my print day and I did wear a lovely leopard print dress from Zara, but I was an epic failure and did not take any outfit photos! :( So today I incorporated both red (since that's today's official color) and leopard (my print of choice) into my Monday morning work outfit:
Black Silky Button-down - Apt. 9, Kohl's ($0.75)
Red Skinny Jeans - Bulldog, PacSun ($5?)
Suede Leopard Print Heels - Deena & Ozzy, Urban Outfitters ($10)

Notice how all the fashion mags and blogs are all about red pants lately? Well, I've had these pants for years (I had an emo kid phase), and while I would've liked to pair them with a beige blouse, this black one had to suffice. I think other bloggers (see: Kendi or Jentine) have done much classier versions, but it's Monday, I had very little sleep and a sore throat. So bear with me please. I'm not sure how my students felt about the red pants either, but whatevs. I'll do me, and they can do them, right?

And scene. So that wraps up everything I've neglected to post for the last few days, and if you managed to make it to the end of this post I thank you graciously :) Hope Monday is treating you a bit better than it's treating me!

"Rome" - Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails