Thursday, March 10, 2011

All That I Know Is I'm Breathing Now


Another Friday, another set of FBFF questions. Shout out to Katy of Modly Chic for generating some very thought-provoking questions for all of us FBFF ladies. This week's questions are all about finding balance as bloggers - fulfilling our blogging duties while not neglecting any other important parts of our lives. Since I follow a ton of very awesome and inspiring blogs, I know this can be a a difficult task for many bloggers out there.

1.
When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
If I’m honest, blogging is not really a priority in my life. It’s definitely something that I love to do, especially given my passion for clothes and shopping, but there are many other things in my life that push blogging to the bottom of the list. For example, though I don’t really discuss it since my blog is not a forum for preaching, I am extremely religious (a particularly strict form of Christianity) so my faith always comes first. I go to religious meetings two times a week, try to read the Bible and study daily,
and volunteer 15-20 hours a week to teach people about the Bible. Next, comes my secular work, which includes my telecommute job for a local doctor’s office and my English tutoring at a local community college. Then there’s my health regimen, which includes trips to the gym four days a week. Add my family and friends to the mix and you can see why blogging isn’t exactly my highest priority. Still, I love writing and fashion, and I did get my degree in Journalism, so if I could ever make a living blogging, I would gladly jump on the opportunity and eschew my other two jobs.


2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?

I think I’d do better if I had more tricks for using my time wisely. Sometimes (like right now, actually) if I have a slow class where the students don’t need a ton of help, I’ll open a word doc and start typing up a post in advance. Other than that, I generally just squeeze in the blogging whenever I can, which is why most of my posts go up after 11 pm ;)


3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?

Not at all, but I am definitely open to some if you’ve got any suggestions!


4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?

Again, no. I think if my site had a bit more traffic, or I had sponsors to drum up business for I’d be taking a more proactive approach and planning more. At this stage, my blog is more personal journal than business venture, so I’m kind of just in it for me and my handful of loyal readers. But who knows what the future will hold.


5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?

Well, I would certainly be posting regularly! As it is, I average about 3 posts a week, which is fine, but with more time I could post original content daily. I’d also spend more time reading and commenting on the blogs I follow. I would love to be more involved in the blogging community because it seems to generally be a pretty friendly and accepting place. Given the time, I would probably also try to develop more regular features on my blog focused on my other loves besides clothes, like music and books and film. I’m a huge entertainment junkie (at last count, I regularly watch 17 TV shows), so those things are another huge aspect of my life that isn’t really fairly represented in my blog. Ultimately, I’d just us the time to generate more original content that could appeal to my readers.

Can't wait to read what the rest of the FBFF ladies have to say on this topic. And if you're not a member, why not join the fun?

"Keep Breathing" - Ingrid Michaelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails