Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Undertaker Drew A Heavy Sigh

Black Trench Coat - H&M ($20)
White Scarf - Gift
Red Cable Knit Sweater - Vintage, Goodwill ($2)
Black Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($2)
Black Abstract Print Sheath - Merona, Goodwill ($7)
Red Gingham Button-down - Talbots, South Street Thrift Center ($2)
Red Opaque Tights/Black Sheer Tights - Target ($3 each)
Black Leather Boots - Zigi Girl, Wild Pair ($30)
Black Fingerless Gloves - Forever 21 ($5)

Oh yeah, my title today is a Wings reference. I don't know why, but I've been totally obsessed with Wings lately. Go figure. Anywho, it was supposed to be a downpour today, so I dressed in tons of layers in preparation, which you can probably figure out from my extra long list of items featured in this ensemble. Turns out it hardly even rained, but it was still super windy so at least I stayed warm. Here's what I started out the day wearing:
I look super uncomfortable because I was cold. And that is what I looked like for most of the day. Underneath the jacket, however, there was a whole lot more going on. I wear this dress quite a bit, but I wanted to try to mix things up by putting a shirt underneath it. While it's not very evident in my photos, the button-down I'm wearing is actually red gingham. It's an interesting contrast to the black/white abstract print of the dress. Even though I felt I was being adventurous, nobody really got to see it under the long coat, so it kind of didn't count. But at least I knew about it.

Hope you all in other parts of the country aren't freezing too terribly. Now I'm off to own my friend J in a game of "Words with Friends." Do any of you guys play? If so, reach out to me (username: secretsuperheroine) because I am always looking for a challenge!

"Band On The Run" - Wings

2 comments:

  1. the BRIGHT red with the black and white is so good.

    ape-z.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your dress. I got here through Blue Collar Catwalk, you we're featured there with an outfit, that I also liked.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails