Friday, February 25, 2011

Manos Manos Arriba (Hands Up)

Black Cloche - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters ($5)
Red Cardigan - Moda International, Goodwill ($2)
Polka-dot Dress - Merona, hand-me-down from friend
Black Sweater Tights - Gap ($4)
Black Patent Oxfords - Coconuts, Marshall's ($10)
Silver Bow Necklace - Forever 21 ($1.50)
Red Lipstick - Sephora Collection Rouge Cream in The Red 04

How many of you are loving the combo of red, white and black? Well, obviously I do. I'm calling this my "Minnie Mouse" look. Something about the combo of red and polka dots makes me automatically think Minnie Mouse. Also, I have noticed that something about this hat makes me want to wear red lipstick. Maybe a part of me thinks with the hat, the red lips aren't as dramatic. Looking at the pics, however, it seems the hat draws even more attention. Oh well. I felt good about myself all day, and that's really all that matters.
Today I had the privilege of going with my friend J, her sister and another friend to buy party favors for her baby shower. I really do love babies. While I don't see myself wanting a child of my own (for a plethora of reasons), it is so fun watching someone else go through a pregnancy and then enjoying the little tiny person that comes after nine months. I've spent so much time with J that I can feel like I'm related to baby K now. We even joke that he probably thinks I'm his dad since I have pretty deep voice (even compared to his actual dad).

We also had a really good lunch at Lazy Dog Cafe. I'd never been, but we were already at our local mall so we figured we'd try it out. So good. I had a Mediterranean Veggie Foccacia sandwich and it was delicious. Highly recommend it. In fact, I just may go eat my leftover half a sandwich right now :) Happy weekend!
"Mueve La Pompa" - Axe Bahia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails