Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm Fiending


Green Cardigan - Cherokee (Mom's)
Black Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($2)
Red Floral Print Skirt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($3)
Patent Shoulder Bag - Gryson for Target via Goodwill ($6)
Black T-strap Flats - Wanted, Ross ($7)

Today was a much better day than yesterday. I got to sleep in a bit and awoke to a lovely dull ache in my arms and legs from yesterday's Pilates class. That might sound weird, but there's nothing I like more than feeling that residual pain that lets me know I've had a good workout in the past 24 hours.

Every time I wear this skirt I wonder if I could've styled it better. It's already so bright that I'm wary of doing anything too crazy. But I like the combination of the green cardigan. It's not too matchy (as I've done in the past), but the sweater brings out the few bits of green present in the skirt.
But let's get to the main event. After a lovely vegetarian lunch with my friend J and her two daughters, I met up with my other J-named friend (let's call her "pregnant J") and we headed to Sprinkles cupcakes in Beverly Hills. I'd always heard about how super their cupcakes are, but didn't understand first hand until today.

When I got there it was impossible for me to choose just one cupcake, so instead I bought four: Red Hot Velvet (red velvet w/ spicy cinnamon cream cheese frosting), Raspberry Chocolate (chocolate cake w/rasberry frosting), Lemon (lemon cake w/lemon frosting) and Chocolate Marshmallow (chocolate cake w/ marshmallow frosting). I just couldn't help myself. I ate the red velvet one first (of course!), and it was really too good. Super rich and everything I'd ever want from a cupcake. However, I soon realized the sugar rush was super intense and that there was no way I'd be able to eat the other cupcakes today without ending up in a sugar coma.
(apologies for the blurry phone pic)

In the end, I opted to give away the other three cupcakes (one to my nephew, two to my friends daughters). It's a good thing too because I just looked up the nutrition facts for the cupcake I did eat, and it had 497 calories and 16 g of saturated fat! Totally worth it, mind you, but not if I had eaten all four. Whatever the case, I went to Zumba tonight, so hopefully those calories are long gone ;)

"The End" - Kid Cudi feat. GLC, Chip Tha Ripper & Nicole Wray

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails