Wednesday, February 9, 2011

And Now I'm Towing The Line

Purple Cardigan - Canyon River Blues, Sears ($6)
Blue Elastic Belt - Forever 21 ($4)
Multi-Colored Sleeveless Dress - Newport News ($8)
Purple Over-the-knee Socks - Forever 21 ($2)
Brown Leather Riding Boots - Vintage Ralph Lauren, Goodwill ($10)

I am so tired. And that feeling sort of translated into my outfit today. Do you ever feel like you over think things when it comes to getting dressed? I'm getting to the point where I sometimes feel anxiety when I have to choose an outfit in the morning. I need to get back to the basics, keep it simple and realize that it's not really that important. I mean, it's important to put forth effort, but I need to get back to dressing for me, not others.

So today's outfit kind of left me feeling ho-hum. It's not particularly interesting and sort of follows my typical formula: dress+sweater+socks+boots = acceptable outfit. Still, I was able to muster a smile for my photos. I'll start over fresh tomorrow, which should be easy since I've got some awesome plans.
In the morning I'll be hanging with my best friend and we're going to lunch at an awesome local vegan restaurant, the Green Temple. Then, in the afternoon, I'm going with my friend J and her sister to the famous Sprinkles Cupcakes (squee!!) to taste some cupcakes and get some inspiration for her upcoming baby shower. AND, it's supposed to be in the mid-70s tomorrow! If that doesn't get me out of my mid-week funk, I don't know what will.

"Multiply" - Jamie Lidell

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails