Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You're Right Back Where You Started From

Black Sunglasses - Kenneth Cole via Optometrist
Silver Chain Necklace - H&M ($1)
Black Blazer - GAP ($18)
Blue Embroidered Cardigan (not pictured) - Old Navy, years ago
Floral Tank - Divided, H&M ($5)
Gray Knit Maxi Skirt - Cotton On ($10)
Black Leather T-Strap Flats - Cooperative, Urban Outfitters ($10)

So. There's been a long wintry hiatus, but I am finally back home with no more vacations on the horizon and with my wireless network finally up and running! Woo hoo! Today's ensemble is what I'd like to call "dentist chic." I call it that because that is what I did today (two cavities, a temporary crown and cleaning, in case you were wondering).

I am all about the maxi dress/skirt trend happening right now. Besides my three maxi dresses, I've also recently acquired this gray skirt as well as a black one I snagged at a clothes swap with my friends. Expect a blog appearance soon. And these shoes are probably my new faves right now. I got them at Urban's after Christmas sale, and they are perfect. While I admire the femininity and appeal of heels, I'm really a black flats girl at heart.

I have this theory that doing difficult things becomes easier when you're wearing something you love. Therefore, for my trip to the dentist (bonus points for anyone who catches the Veronica Mars reference!) I chose this outfit, which is sort of business casual but also super comfy. A good thing since I spent nearly two hours (!) in the chair this morning. I rounded out my afternoon with a brief trip to Urban Outfitters in Westwood (near my dentist's office), some grocery shopping and a stop at my optometrist. Nothing too major.
On a more troubling note, this evening I seem to have developed some sort of bizarre eye infection (gross, I know) that has caused my entire left eyelid to swell up. I can still see and everything, but it's pretty ugly to look at. Since sunglasses aren't acceptable at all times (though a girl can dream), I'm probably going to have to go to the doctor tomorrow to figure out what the heck is going on. You can bet I'm psyched about yet another appointment. Sigh. Maybe I'll wear some sequins to the doctor's office to cheer myself up tomorrow.

Oh, and before I forget, I must rave about the lip color I am wearing. It's Sephora's Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Strawberry Delish. It's the perfect glossy magenta color all in one handy pencil and only costs $12! I highly recommend it.

"Giving Up The Gun" - Vampire Weekend

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails