Friday, January 28, 2011

We Don't Need No Holiday

Navy Striped V-neck Tee - Old Navy ($5)
Skinny Gold Belt - Forever 21 ($2)
White Pleated Skirt - Isaac Mizrahi, Target via Goodwill ($2)
Brown Leather Riding Boots - Vintage Ralph Lauren, Goodwill ($10)
Brown Leather Briefcase - Vintage Coach, gift

True story: even though I don't have photos to corroborate this, I have actually worn stripes nearly every day this week! Monday was my striped maxi dress from H&M, Tuesday you saw, Wednesday was a yellow/white striped blouse and skirt, and today's ensemble is here. I think Breton Stripe Monday put me in a stripy kind of mood.

On a completely unrelated note, every part of my body currently aches. In an effort to be a fitter version of me, Wednesday I decided to finally put the giant pilates ball I have in my home to use. Armed with this month's SELF magazine (and their "6 moves to easy abs"), I did the whole workout at home and felt pretty good about myself. I wasn't too sore until after last night's Zumba class. I think the combo of the ab work and high-impact aerobics took a greater toll on my body than I expected. I mean, it even hurts a little to breath. Still, it will only mean good things for my body so I expect to do round two tonight.
Notice anything new in my outfit post? If you said my awesome new bag, then you'd be correct! Yesterday I spent the day with my friend M, who I haven't seen in ages since she moved out of my neighborhood almost a year ago. We spent the whole day together , and then when I dropped her off at her house she generously gifted this lovely bag to me. I have been looking for a leather bag just like this for ages, but never wanted to spend a ton of money. It's vintage but is in pristine condition so I couldn't have asked for a better bag. Here it is in all its glory:
And it gets better! Not only did M give me an awesome bag, she also gave me a $60 gift card to ZARA. I know it might seem random that my friend gave me all this stuff, but pretty much all of my friends and I do not celebrate holidays or birthdays , so it's pretty standard that we just give each other stuff whenever we feel like. Still, the gift card was very unexpected. Since my current personal goal is to not spend frivolously (especially on clothes!) a gift card is just what I need to appease any shopping cravings that might arise. So when you see some new ZARA merch in my outfit photos, know that I haven't surrendered.

"Colombia" - Anjulie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails