Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vas a Ver (You'll See)

Black Lace Blouse - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($3)
Black Bow Belt - H&M ($6)
Silver Connector Ring - Urban Outfitters ($5)
Black Silk Maxi Skirt - Banana Republic via clothes swap ($0)
Black Platform Pumps - Attention, Kmart ($10)

So don't let my somber ensemble fool you - my life's pretty much been golden for the past few days. I'm almost completely recovered health wise and we've been experiencing summer in the winter with some amazing weather lately. Heck, I actually went to the beach yesterday! Ridiculous, I know.


Thus, tonight's outfit was more about my original outfit not working out and me having only five minutes to put something together. For me, when I'm under the gun, black-on-black never fails. Despite my nephew's astute observation that I "looked like a nun," everybody else I knew seemed to think I looked nice. Isn't that always the way it is? Whenever I try to look nice, people never notice, but when I just randomly put something together they think it's great. Guess that means I should stop over-thinking things, eh?
Given that I am currently taking a break from shopping, I'm hoping to infuse some creativity into my present wardrobe so I can present you all with some different sorts of looks. While I haven't been shopping, I did just get a bag of hand-me-downs from a friend so don't judge me if you see some new (to me) items in rotation. It's been just about a week, but I'm still feeling pretty good about the no shopping business. I figure if I tell all my friends, then I'll have no choice but to stick to it since they'll be keeping tabs on me. One week down, (at least) three more to go!

"Dia de Enero" - Shakira

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails