Sunday, January 23, 2011

This Is The Best Day I Can Ever Remember

Taupe Lace Cardigan - Xhiliration, Target ($4)
Silver Elastic Bow Belt - can't remember were, but definitely cheap
Red Strapless Dress - Wet Seal ($10)
Taupe Peep-Toe Heels - Simply Vera, Kohl's ($2, with coupons)

I'm having a pretty happy sort of weekend. And when I'm happy, I migrate toward bright colors; hence, the red dress. I've had this dress for over 4 years, and it may just have been the best $10 I've ever spent. Very much a staple in my closet. And lest you think my lace cardigan is a new purchase, it's not. I actually bought it about 2 months ago, but just couldn't figure out what to wear it with. In fact, this morning when I put it on, I even had to cut the tags off! Still, I'm liking how it provides coverage, but then also kind of blends in with my skin.

Curious as to why I am in such a good mood? Well, yesterday I did one of my favorite things ever: going to a concert. I went to the Troubadour to see Hellogoodbye with my friend J. J and I never really spend that much time together since we both have super hectic schedules so it was nice for us to have a girls night out. I've been listening to Hellogoodbye since I was in school, and while their trademark sound had been electronic/power-pop, their new cd is very different stylistically while still true to their essence. In short, I love it and the show was awesome last night. Their most popular song from their first album is "Here (In Your Arms)", so he's a blurry clip of them singing that last night (note the confetti!)



In other news, I'm going to Disneyland today! Actually, my pass expires tomorrow, and I'm not planning on renewing so it's kind of like my one last hurrah. I love it there, but my nephews are over it, so who am I to force it on them? Plus, saving a couple hundred dollars won't hurt either ;) Still, I'm going to enjoy today, riding all my favorite attractions and eating anything I want. I might pay for it later, but that's ok. It is, after all, the best day ever!


"Hands Down" - Dashboard Confessional

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite outfits I've ever seen you wear! So great!! And looooooooooove those heels! Gah, only $2?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! The cardigan is gorgeous and so are you!

    I completely envy your day of pure happiness in Disneyland - have a B-L-A-S-T!

    <3
    ape-z.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails