Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh I Am Not Crumbling

(apologies for the package in the background, but this was the best shot :/ )

Leopard Print Cardigan - Harve Benard, Sears ($6)
Olive Green Maxi Dress - Mossimo via Goodwill ($2)
Skinny Gold Belt - Forever 21 ($2)
Gold Flip Flops - Old Navy ($1)

So I really need to stop shopping. I know, I say it all the time, but today I bought some stuff, all of which I love, but when I got home and tried to find some place to put the stuff, then I was a bit distraught. To be fair, I did go shopping with fairly reasonable intentions. Ever since I saw
this photo of Keira Knightley I've been searching for a similar skirt. Urban Outfitters has had a slightly shorter version (seen here) for the past couple months, but I never wanted to pay full price. It finally went on sale, but my local store only had a small in stock.

So since I had a dentist appointment this morning and since my dentist is in West L.A., just a few minutes from 3rd Street Promenade, I decided to swing by that Urban to see if they had the skirt in stock. Sadly, they did not, but instead I found a pair of grey booties.
These, to be exact. I do need grey boots, so it wasn't a completely useless purchase. Still, I really should have left after hitting up Urban, but instead I continued to shop. The only other purchase I made were two shirts and a pair of jeans, but I did feel kind of guilty once I got home.

If I were a stronger person I'd just cut myself off completely, but shopping is just what I do! Nevertheless, there needs to be some sort of resolution. I have recently purged my closet of items I don't want/use, but there is still so much left. I think it's definitely time for another shopping hiatus. And while I like to take baby steps and limit myself to one month at a time, I'm hoping this time it last longer. So seriously, January 13, 2011 will be the last day of shopping for me. For at least the next four weeks. Wish me well guys!


"You Sleep Alone" - Hellogoodbye

2 comments:

  1. THe best of luck with stopping to shop, I've put myself on that bandwagon too. I hope I last, because I really really do not need more or have space for anything.

    Also really like the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! I’ll follow you!
    I have a fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers on bloglovin:-)
    thanks:-)
    VERONICA
    http://lifegivemefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails