Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It Takes the Dust to Have it Polished

Black Felt Cloche - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters ($5)
Black Sunglasses - H&M ($6)
Gray Chain-mail Pocket Tee - A.N.A, free via clothes swap
Black Denim Leggings - Jolt, Nordstrom Rack ($7)
Black Leather Motorcycle Boots - Mossimo Supply Co., Target ($26)

If you're wondering what I actually wore today, I shamelessly rehashed this outfit, with the only difference being blue socks instead of cream. Boring, I know, but since I went back to work today I wanted something simple that required no thought. It's amazing how easy having a thousand photos of yourself can make choosing an outfit when your lazy. Just another blog benefit, I suppose.

Given my lack of creativity choosing today's clothes, I've opted to share a photo of what I wore yesterday. Tuesday was my first day venturing out into civilization, and I had to do it for the sake of my own sanity. Man cannot live on TiVo alone, which I learned the hard way this past week. So yesterday I went out to do a little shopping and run a few errands.
Despite spending nearly 4 hours at the local mall and Target, I only came home with one purchase. I got an amazing a pair of indigo skinny corduroy pants at Old Navy for only $8! Anybody else remember being obsessed with corduroy circa 2000? I was in the 8th grade and thought corduroys were the best pants ever. I distinctly remember a brown pair of button-fly, flare-legged (!) L.E.I.'s I wore religiously.

So I've always kind of had a corduroy crush, but I definitely think it's hard to find flattering ones. I'm feeling pretty psyched about the ones I found though and am already planning to pair them with my pink Sperry Topsiders in the spring. Heck, maybe I can even do it this weekend since temps are supposed to be in the high 70s out here. And yes, I know it's winter, but that's what passes for winter whether in these parts. Sorry ;)


"Life Is Wonderful" - Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails