Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'll Be Ok Tomorrow

Navy Cloche - Eek! by Eugenia Kim, Urban Outfitters ($5)
Black Blazer - GAP ($18)
Navy Tee - H&M ($5)
Purple Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($3)
Grey Knit Pleated Skirt - ZARA ($20)
Purple Ribbed Tights - The Limited ($4)
Black Wedge Booties - Forever 21 ($30)

Well I knew it couldn't last forever. We've enjoyed summer-like weather for the past couple weeks, but today winter returned and brought its bff, rain. Honestly though, I did kind of miss wearing my tights, so I'm not too torn up about it. And given that most of you out there have been enduring snow and seriously cold winters, who I am to complain about a little drizzle?

As usual, when it rains my first line of defense is usually some sort of hat. I had styled my hair quite nicely this morning, but when I realized it was raining I just cut my losses and threw on this hat. Even though it's a contemporary piece, it definitely is vintage inspired, which always makes me feel super lady-like whenever I wear it.
(Sorry for the squinty eyes. That is why I usually wear sunglasses!)

Now, however, I am back home in my pajamas and socks. And I am actually grateful for the rain because it makes me feel less guilty about spending the rest of the afternoon curled up with a blanket and the tv remote. Hope you're weekend is treating you as well as mine is!

"Liquor Store Blues" - Bruno Mars feat. Damian Marley

2 comments:

  1. I love the darker pallet, definitely going to try! I love when other bloggers have the same pieces as me because it inspires me to see everyone's different takes on an item!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails