Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And Then I Couldn't Stop Myself

Khaki Cropped Trench Coat - GAP, free via clothes swap
Striped Long Sleeve Tee - Faded Glory, Walmart years ago
Red Knit Pencil Skirt - Forever 21 ($4)
Black T-Strap Flats - Wanted, Ross ($7?)

Today was pretty uneventful. The typical Tuesday for me. Thus, I give you a typical sort of outfit as well. While there's nothing groundbreaking about my ensemble, I was comfy all day. And that counts for a lot in my book. Also, it gave me the opportunity to show you my new favorite jacket: the cropped trench coat. It's perfect for the kind of weather we've been having, cool in the mornings but warm during the day. Just enough coverage to keep me from freezing, but not too heavy or bulky.

I am so glad that January is almost over. I had big plans for this month, but being taken out by illness for the first week threw everything out of whack. So I'm looking forward to a clean slate in February where I plan on reaching a few personal goals:

1) Cut down my monthly credit card bill. I'm a couple thousand dollars in debt, so if I cut back on my frivolous spending I'm certain I'll be able to break even in a couple months. And my no-shopping vow is still in effect so that should definitely help my bottom line.

2) Get back to going to the gym at least 3 days a week. Right now I'm at 2 days a week. Good, but not the best. Really I need to head back to my weekly pilates classes for strength training, but even just adding another gym day would make me happy.

3) Be more health-conscious with my diet. I'm currently pescetarian (mainly vegetarian with the occasional foray into seafood), but that doesn't mean I'm always eating vegetables. Mainly I need to cut back on my sugar intake (gummy bears are my kryptonite!), and up my protein.

Anybody else got any lifestyle changes you're trying to achieve? Has this month brought you any closer to them, or, like me, are you regrouping in February? Let me know in the comments!

**(addendum) who knew I actually wore my striped tee on Everybody, Everywear's breton stripes day? Merely a coincidence but I am happy to participate since I love anything striped!

"Heard It On the Radio" - The Bird and The Bee (originally Hall & Oates)

5 comments:

  1. pretty outfit!!!

    http://jozefinafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered you via Everybody Everywear. Loving the red,white and blue color combo- so perfect with stripes!
    the Citizen Rosebud

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great coincident. I'm glad you posted with us! I love the red skirt. I'm always trying to see how other people wear their's so I can get ideas for mine!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit idea, must try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails