Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sophistication Isn't What You Wear

Wool Camel Coat - H&M ($20!)
Houndstooth Print Sheath - Merona Collection, Target ($10)
Black Enamel Bow Earrings - Forever 21 ($1.50)
Black Platform Pumps - Attention, Kmart ($10)

Just like Taylor says, "Sophistication isn't what you wear," but it definitely think it can play a role. I mean, I've never felt more sophisticated than I did tonight wearing this outfit. Mind you, I may have been channeling a 'sophisticated' grandma, but I still enjoyed it. This dress is actually one I've mentioned in two previous posts (here and here), but never actually wore. Yes, it's quite a bold pattern, and the length isn't necessarily the most flattering, but it made me feel very ladylike. And, even though it's a Target dress, it definitely gives off the same sort of vintage feel I search out in my thrifted purchases.

Another welcome addition to the ensemble is my new camel coat! The coat is yet another Black Friday purchase, this time from my beloved H&M. It was initially $100 (!), but was marked down for Black Friday. Amazing, right? I've been wanting a camel coat for ages, ever since fashion mags had been touting it as the latest "it" color. While I'm not one to jump on every trend, I do appreciate camel-colored pieces because it is such an amazing neutral that can really go with a lot of pieces. Plus, I foresee it taking all of my dresses up a notch every time I wear it. As an aside, the coat is also made from recycled wool, which was a nice bonus. I try to be as eco-friendly as possible in my day-to-day life, so it's nice when that can translate to my clothing purchases.
And, for those of you interested, I am actually kind of wearing lipstick in these pictures. I used ELF natural lip liner and then lightly brushed on Sephora Collection The Red #4. Lightly is key since it is a very intense red, and that wasn't exactly the vibe I was going for tonight. Then I added a bit of ELF liquid lipstick in Cherry Tart. Obviously I'm not a huge makeup fiend, but lately I've been branching out and being a bit more adventurous. Mainly I'm usually too lazy to take the time to put on makeup, but in an effort to finally be a grown up, I'll be putting forth a little more effort in the weeks to come. Let me know what you think!

"Better Than Revenge" - Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails