Saturday, December 4, 2010

It Really Breaks My Heart To See A Promising Citizen Deviate

Tortoise Shell Sunglasses - Ray-ban ($140, but free w/ insurance!)
Cream Tie-neck Blouse - Vintage, Goodwill ($2)
Red Wool V-neck Sweater - Old Navy ($5?)
Cream Wool Pencil Skirt - J. Crew, Goodwill ($2)
Gold Watch - Guess, Rose Bowl Flea ($10)
Gold Rose Clip-on Earrings - Claire's ($1)
Brown Leather Riding Boots - Ralph Lauren, Goodwill ($10)

Every time I wear this skirt, I essentially style it the exact same way. Does that make me boring? Maybe, but it might also make me smart since I don't feel the need to mess with a good thing. Actually, I did mix it up a little by adding this red sweater that I totally forgot I even owned. I felt very cheery, but a little too festive, especially since I don't even celebrate Christmas and this is a very holiday-ish red.

Still, all in all, I had a very enjoyable Saturday. I helped my mother throw a dinner party for about a dozen friends, and it all went down very well. There were plenty of vegetables to go around for a (still) vegetarian me, and I got to spend some quality time with a couple of friends who are moving to Hawaii (jealous?) in a few months, so that was nice. We laughed and ate . . . and ate some more.

Other than that, I'm just enjoying what's left of the weekend before another hectic work week. I'm considering an evening trip to Disneyland tomorrow just to cheer myself up before Monday. I am so ready for the semester to be over, so I can get my three weeks off from work and brace myself for the spring. But I guess I should just be grateful that I work in the school system and I even get three weeks of vacation.
On a more random note, aren't these little earrings adorable? They totally look vintage with the antique gold finish and clip-on backs, but I found them at Claire's. Clip-ons do take a little getting used to, but I love them too much to care. Also, did anybody notice my new sunglasses? Probably not, since they pretty much look exactly like my Urban Outfitters knock-offs, but these Ray-bans are the real deal! I was due for a new pair of glasses from my optometrist, and since my insurance was covering it, I sprung for these prescription sunnies. They've made me almost completely give up on my contacts. Almost. We'll see how long the love affair lasts.

"The Un-American" - Matt Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails