Thursday, December 2, 2010

Here's The Party, Everybody

Navy Stripe Crop Top - Forever 21 via Fashion District ($2)
Red Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($2)
High-Waisted Jeans - BDG, Urban Outfitters ($10)
Red Suede Flats - Mossimo, Goodwill ($7)
Silver Anchor Necklace - Forever 21, years ago
Navy Blue Peacoat (not pictured) - Bitten by SJP ($10)

Over a week without a blog post?! I am really shirking my responsibilities here. But I am super thankful for you regular readers who bear with me :) If you follow my twitter, you probably know that on Monday I had a tooth removed. It was a particularly painful and drawn out procedure, but I only have myself to blame. Let that be a lesson to you all: that's what happens when you decide to ignore a cavity because it doesn't hurt and you don't have dental insurance. Learn from my mistakes.

However, today I was feeling about 85% well, so it was a better and brighter day. Thus, I mustered up the courage to wear my new high-waisted jeans and a cropped shirt. Not sure if it was entirely work appropriate, but I did wear a tank under the shirt (as always!) so it was totally G-rated. While I was a bit wary of the combo since it made me feel like my hips were 100 times magnified, it didn't look too bad in the pictures, so I guess it was okay.
Whatever the case, I felt very nautical (and mildly patriotic?). This is the first pair of high-waisted jeans I've bought, and though there is definitely a "mom" aspect to them, they are so comfortable! Extra stretchy and with the high waist I don't have to worry about pulling them up all day lest I flash some underwear. I am very glad I snagged this pair on Black Friday.
Enough about clothes! Want to know the highlight of my day? I totally took my first Bollywood dance class today! As anyone who knows me will attest to, I am IN LOVE with all things Bollywood, but for some reason I've never gotten around to taking a Bollywood dance class. I coerced my friend Q into going with me, and it was a million times better than I expected. The teacher was sweet and very helpful, and I totally feel I've mastered some genuine Bollywood choreography tonight. Basically, all my dreams are coming true ;)

I was on such a high after Bollywood class that I decided to keep my adrenaline going and took my usual Zumba class too! That was way more intense, so I'm certain I will have all kinds of soreness tomorrow, but for now I feel incredibly accomplished. Any of you folks take dance/exercise classes? Any favorites or recommendations?

"Twist" - Pritam & Neeraj Sridhar (Love Aaj Kal soundtrack)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails