Friday, November 12, 2010

Now I'm Lucky If I Get A Wink In

Black Blazer - Gap ($18)
Leopard Print Scarf - Vintage, gift
Red Dress - Mossimo via Goodwill ($2)
Metallic Gold Embellished Flats - Charlotte Russe ($5)

Happy Friday everyone! I don't really know where the week has gone. What I do know, is that I am quite content to curl up with a blanket and have a heart-to-heart with my overloaded TiVo. This is the first weekend in a long time where I haven't had plans or somewhere to be, and I am loving it. Technically, I guess I do have plans for Sunday since I am taking my 13-year-old nephew to his first concert, but Sunday seems light years from now.
Today's ensemble was inspired by my only getting 5 hours of sleep, but still having to be out of my house by 7 am. Lovely, no? My trusty black blazer made an appearance yet again. When I think about how often I wear this blazer (don't believe me? Check the archives), I can't even believe that I almost didn't buy it because I thought it was too expensive. At this point, my cost per wear is probably down to 5 cents, so I'm thinking it really is my go-to power piece.

Also, this week (though you all wouldn't know it since I failed to post photos) I have been all about the decorative scarf. I have at least 20 scarves and sometimes I forget to make the best use of them. This week I wore a scarf everyday, and it really seemed to work. Both times I've worn this dress (last seen here) I have accessorized with a leopard item, and I am really loving the tomato red/leopard combo. You'd think it'd be over the top, but I really think they complement each other well. Any combos you all are particularly liking these days?

In case you all don't follow my twitter, I have to mention that last night I took my Mom to see Chayanne in concert. Surprised? Well, although my mom doesn't actually speak Spanish, she is from Belize (tiny English-speaking country in Central America) so we carry quite a bit of what some might call Hispanic culture in our family, including but not limited to a love of Spanish music. Thanks to my brother-in-law, we scored some free tickets to Chayanne's No Hay Imposibles tour, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. While I didn't really know any of the songs since my entire knowledge of Chayanne consists of the movie Dance with Me and the song "Torero" that I dance to in my Zumba class, he still put on a great show full of pyrotechnics and boy-band worthy dancing. Not bad for a Thursday night. And though it's nothing too impressive, here's what I wore to the concert last night:
Pink Leopard Print Scarf - Gift
Blue Handkerchief-hem Tee - Mossimo, free via clothing swap
Black Jeggings - Jolt, Nordstrom Rack ($7)
Black Lace-up Boots - Dolce Vita for Target ($26)

Just so we're clear, this is also what I wore to work all day yesterday. Since I didn't get back from work until 6:30 pm, my choices were either change into something cuter/more exciting for the concert or have time to eat dinner. Clearly it was a no-brainer, and I chose food over changing, which meant my work clothes had to suffice. But at least I was festive with my super bright scarf! (FYI, this scarf was gift too! I'm just rolling in scarves these days.)

"Bohemian Love" - I Blame Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails