Monday, November 8, 2010

Hey, Stop, Do You Hear An Echo?

Yellow Wool Cardigan - Old Navy ($6)
Black Say Anything T-shirt - Warped Tour, years ago ($5)
Light Blue Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($1.50)
Checked Pencil Skirt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($4)
Black Flats - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters ($6)

Got a bit of deja vu going on today. More lemony yellow and even the same sunglasses as yesterday! I'm pushing it, I know. This sweater is super bright, which is why I am reluctant to wear it very often. However, today it got to be very windy, and it made me realize how warm and cozy this sweater is. It may be dayglo, but I might be making it a fall staple simply for warmth.
I've got a confession to make to you all. I broke my no shopping vow on Saturday. It had only been 2 weeks, but a friend I only see once in a while wanted us to go to one of our favorite local thrift stores. The store only takes cash, so my intent was to go without in money in my wallet, but I just couldn't bear the thought of missing out on some spectacular deal! So I brought $20 and ended up spending $15 on 2 skirts, a dress and 2 belts (the skirt and belt I am wearing today are both new purchases). I'm a failure.

I take a little solace in the fact that the cash I used was money that had been in my wallet for the last month (I didn't have to go to the bank), and I haven't done any credit card shopping. Even though I've slipped, I do want to continue for the next two weeks without shopping. And if I survive that, maybe I'll be able to extend the time little by little. At least, that's the plan.

"A Song Is Not A Business Plan" - The Rocket Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails