Sunday, November 21, 2010

Close Your Eyes See Colorful Things

Tan Trench Coat - GAP
Yellow Pleated Wool Dress - Vintage (Altered), Goodwill ($2)
Brown Clutch - so old I can't remember where I got it
Dark Brown Opaque Tights - Worthington, JC Penney's (gift)
Leopard Pumps - Deena & Ozzy, Urban Outfitters ($10)

The bad news: it's Monday tomorrow. The good news: next week's Thanksgiving, which means not only do I get a few days off work, but there will also be some super sales going on! Something to look forward to, especially since I've been on a no shopping kick for the last four weeks or so. I will most definitely be doing Black Friday shopping, if only for the thrill I get from waking up early and watching crowds of crazed shoppers. Last year I found some pretty sweet deals (seen
here), so I'm hoping for a repeat performance this year.
But back to my outfit. I felt super sophisticated in my bright mustard vintage wool dress and trenchcoat today. This dress is one of my favorite thrifted finds from last summer, and I know I'll have fun dressing it up with tights and coats now that it's finally getting chilly. I also felt like I was being brave by wearing my dark brown tights with leopard shoes. I basically always match my shoes to my tights, so this was really out of the box for me, but I think it worked.

For the last few days, our highs have been in the low 60s, which is cold by beach standards. So it just might be time for me to get my tights into regular rotation. All the bloggers out there (particularly the East coast ones) have been such an inspiration with how they've worn their adorable colored tights, so I am hoping I can channel their style.And since I've been spotty, at best, with my blog posts, you all are getting a bonus outfit photo today! I'm sure the excitement is palpable ;) If you follow me on Chictopia you've already seen this, but if not, this is what I wore Friday:
Red Crocheted Hat - Forever 21 ($5)
Black Sweater Vest - GAP, years ago
Cream Long-sleeve Bodysuit - Vintage, Goodwill ($2)
Red Printed Skirt - NY&Co. ($6)
Lace-up Boots - Dolce Vita for Target ($26)

Notice all the layers. And I was still cold for most of the morning. We southern California girls clearly have no real grasp on what cold weather really is. I fear I may have to live here my whole life because only God knows what I'd do if I were ever subjected to
real wintry weather.


"Everyone Nose" - N.E.R.D.

1 comment:

  1. I love that mustard yellow! I have to get something in that color ASAP. And about your Target boots. I have been eying the ones at my Target, thinking about you and yours. But the eye holes seem SO gold, like way bright shiny gold and yours don't. Are yours really, really gold? They dont look it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails