Monday, October 25, 2010

You Make Me Feel That You Couldn't Love Another

Gold Rose Clip-on Earrings - Claire's ($1)
Black Lace Blouse - Vintage, South Street Thrift ($3)
Purple One-Shoulder Dress - Ann Taylor ($12)
Black Leather Shoulder Bag - Wilson's Leather, gift
Gold Flats - Charlotte Russe ($5)

So . . . I wanted this Ann Taylor LOFT dress the minute I saw it. As I recall, it was sometime in July when I came across this lovely one-shouldered frock in my local Ann Taylor. Since my preteen years I have always loved anything with only one-shoulder. Risque, I know. Of course, this dress was a whopping $88 when it first arrived in stores. NEVER would I pay that much for such a dress. But I still loved it from afar.


If you follow my twitter, you may recall that about 3 weeks ago I tweeted about scoring an Ann Taylor dress for $12. This is the aforementioned dress. Down from $88 to $12 and in my size?! Basically everything just fell into place for me on that day.
In case you're wondering, I did not actually wear this today. I wore it yesterday for a religious meeting, which is why I toned down the exposure of it with this lace blouse. I'm pretty satisfied with the resulting look and was pleasantly surprised when I even got some compliments on it. I wasn't sure everyone would get the layering aspect of it (i.e. I assumed they'd think it was me being weird again), but everyone seemed fine with it. I also paired it with flats instead of my usual heels because it is a little shorter than I usually go.
Seriously though, I just felt so happy wearing this dress. I never would have thought I would have found it in the store for such a great price. It's a little troubling how easily finding a great deal can raise my spirits. Speaking of deals, I did go back to Target today and buy the dress I was whining about in my last post. Even though the cashier in the store seemed to think it was a hilarious dress (She even turned and showed it to a fellow cashier before ringing me up. So professional, I know), I still think it's great. Especially for $10.

Also, I finally used my H&M coupon and sprung for the striped maxi dress I've been coveting for some months now. At $14 , it was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I do love it and it was the very last one in the store. So having taken care of the last few purchases that were haunting me, I'm letting you all know that I am officially starting another month of no shopping. If it's official, then I have to stick to it, right?

"Bathwater" - No Doubt

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress!!

    http://jozefinafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this dress, and I love how you styled it!! I'm going to have to try putting a shirt under it like that--I wouldn't have thought of that. What a steal for $12!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast...thats a great colour on you!
    ~Toria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails