Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Silence is Slowly Killing Me

White Cardigan - Vintage, Goodwill ($2)
Gold Bow Necklace - Forever 21 ($2)
Blue Silk Tank Dress (worn as blouse) - Jonathan Martin, Ross ($6)
Blue Striped Belt - Express via South Street Thrift ($2)
Blue Pencil Skirt - Vintage, South Street Thrift ($4)
Brown Leather Peep-toe Heels - Thom McAnn, Kmart ($5)

I've been M.I.A. for a minute, and I'd love to tell you it's because I've been super busy, but that would be a lie. I've just been extra lazy about taking outfit photos lately. Especially since it requires me to use precious minutes that could be spent sleeping/ignoring my alarm. Nevertheless, I persevered today and even got to take my photos in the wee hours of the morning before I left my house. Ok, so maybe it wasn't really the "wee hours" since it was just 6:45 am, but it was so dark and quiet that I felt like it was way earlier than it really was.

It was supposed to be all warm and sunshiny, but that never came to fruition. In fact, I was kind of freezing when I was walking around Hermosa Beach this afternoon, so I will pretty much never trust the weather app on my iPod again. Still, I was at least wearing a sweater so it was somewhat bearable.

There was no real inspiration for this outfit. It's a pretty typical combo for me. If anything, the most exciting part for me was that I managed to use this Jonathan Martin dress I've had for years yet never wear. Also, there was a smidgen of pattern mixing with the abstract print on the dress and striped belt. As someone forever beholden to traditional fashion "rules," I been taking this pattern mixing trend very slowly. Baby steps, as it were.

Anybody else (stateside) get one of those $10 off coupons from H&M last week? They handed them out with purchase all last week since H&M is celebrating 10 years in the U.S. this month. Tomorrow is the first day they can be used so I'm pretty excited about buying something. Since I'm using the coupon I feel I should get something I normally wouldn't - maybe the stripy maxi dress I've been eyeing for the last month or so? Or the cream sweater with the sequined Mickey Mouse ears? The possibilities are endless . . .

3 comments:

  1. love the top and skirt.xx

    http://provocativecouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your shoes sort of blend in with your skin, thus elongating your legs! Might just be night lighting but looks great anyhow!

    ~JESSU @ Defining Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's exactly the reason I love these shoes - the cognac leather that matches my skin perfectly. I am on the hunt for platform pumps that are the same shade, but haven't found the right pair in my price range. And apologies for the lighting in the photos, but that's what I get for trying to take my outfit photos before work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails