Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sail Away With Me Honey

Gold Sailboat Brooch - Free via clothes swap, years ago
Navy Stripe Cropped Blouse - Forever 21 via Fashion District ($2)
Blue Elastic Belt (not pictured) - Forever 21 ($4)
Gray Knit Pencil Skirt - Uniqlo ($10)
Blue/White Loafer Wedges - BC Footwear, Ross ($10)

I don't very often wear such an obviously themed outfit, but when I bought this shirt last week downtown L.A., I knew I'd run with the nautical theme. Overall, I got positive reviews, though a few of my friends called this my "Flashdance" top. Whatevs; it was super comfy, and for $2 I was going to make it work. Also, though you can't see it really well in this photo, I am wearing a totally awesome sailboat brooch! Believe me, I caught a lot of flack for wearing this brooch (from my less vintage-inclined friends), but it made me quite happy throughout the day.
(Outtake!)

The last 48 hours have been quite a blur. In a nutshell, I worked for 8 hours Friday, then went out for some happy hour drinks with a few friends. We spent the rest of the night (and part of the morning) catching up at a friend's house and I didn't crawl into bed until after 1:30 am. Today I was supposed to meet up with my friends for breakfast at the Original Pancake House, but decided my sleep was more important than pancakes (so unlike me, I know, but I was extra tired). Instead, I met them later in the morning to catch a movie before I had to run a few errands (i.e. washing my filthy car). Finally, I wrapped up the evening at a dinner party with some - you guessed it - friends. Hectic. I am only just now getting to watch the hours and hours of television stacking up in my TiVo. Heck, I haven't even watched SNL from last Saturday and there's already a new one recording as I type this!

On a more gush-worthy note, I have been lusting after these microsuede wedge booties at Forever 21 for the past month or so:
(Image: Forever21.com)

They are $26, a lot for a cheapskate like me, but since I've pretty much been dreaming about them every day, I finally decided I would just bite the bullet and order them online since I could never find them in any of my local stores. Of course, by the time I decided to buy them, they were all out of my size :( Imagine my shock then, when today I made a brief trip to the mall and just happened across one lone pair of these booties in black and a size 9! Ideally, I wanted them in gray because I own so many pairs of black shoes and I feel I need to branch out, but once the salesgirl told me it was the last pair in the store (and in any store for a 25 mile radius) I knew I had to buy them.

I've always stayed away from shoe purchases at F21 because I definitely feel their overall quality isn't super great, but for these awesome shoes I have made an exception. What about you guys: do you wear shoes from F21? If these booties are relatively comfortable, I may become a full-fledged believer.

3 comments:

  1. i love those booties! i've been staring at them for like 2 weeks, but the heel height scares me!! you're very cute, by the way. i'm now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! And don't be scared by the heel height because since it's a wedge you don't even feel like the shoe is as tall as it really is. Although, I've only worn them in my house, so maybe I'll get back to you once I take them out into the real world ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want thoes booties too! you definitely have to let us know how comfy they are!

    ape-z.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails