Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pull This Thread As I Walk Away

Black Blazer - GAP ($18)
Red Sweater Vest - Vintage via Goodwill ($2)
Gray Bodysuit (not pictured) - Kimchi Blue, Urban Outfitters ($5)
Black Patent Cross-body Bag - Gryson for Target via Goodwill ($6)
Abstract Print Skirt - Ann Taylor Factory Outlet ($10)
Sheer Black Stockings - Hanes, Target ($2)
Black Lace-up Boots - Dolce Vita for Target ($26)

Over the past few days I've been all about the sweater vest. I probably have about 6 of them, and their layering potential has only recently become apparent to me. This skirt has been in my closet for at least a year, but I never really know what goes well with it. Suddenly last night I realized how my red sweater vest (another old purchase) matches perfectly with the bits of red in this skirt. And from that combo today's outfit was born.

I had intended to pair this outfit with some red suede flats I have, but the rain that woke me up this morning made me think boots were a better option. I'm back to the DV for Target boots. A couple days ago, I came across my boots in a local Target store for the first time. As you may recall, I ordered mine online about a month ago. Is it wrong that I resent them being in stores now? I had felt special before, but now I'm sure I'll see people all over the mall wearing them. Oh well. At least mine were essentially free.
I know last post I was all about taking a shopping hiatus, but guess what my mom and I did today? Shopping, of course. We hit up our favorite thrift store for a few hours, but didn't really end up with anything. It's probably the first time that's ever happened to us. It's good though because I think that means we were being extra decisive and only wanted to buy something we loved/needed. The only thing I bought was a cobalt blue knit motorcycle jacket for $5. Not too bad.

Speaking of unnecessary purchases, have any of you seen this dress at your local Target? I can't decide if I think the print/color is hideous or beautiful, but I do know that I desperately want it. I tried it on the other day, and it fit so well and has that sort of vintage cut that I traditionally seek out in my dresses, but I didn't buy it because I don't really need a dress. The worst part? It was on clearance for $9.99. If I'm still thinking about it 3 days later, doesn't that mean I really want it and should therefore buy it? So much for no shopping.

"Undone (Sweater Song)" - Weezer

1 comment:

  1. So pretty bag!!!

    http://jozefinafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails