Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Knew You Could (Be The One)

Pinstriped Velvet Blazer - Bitten by SJP via Goodwill ($7)
Black Leotard - Danskin via Goodwill ($2)
Black Cluster Necklace - Rampage, years ago
Tweed Kick-pleat Pencil Skirt - Express, gift
Rhinestone Connector Ring - Urban Outfitters ($5)
Lace-up Wedge Booties - Forever 21 ($28)

So even though I bought the awesome wedge booties at Forever 21 a few weeks ago, a part of me has been unwilling to wear them. Why? Well, because I kept holding out that maybe, just maybe, I'd come across a pair of them in gray at some other F21. Well, I've gone to about half a dozen other stores and have yet to find even one pair in stock, so last night I called off the search. While I feel it's a bit predictable for me to have yet another pair of black shoes, I do love them, and so I finally wore them last night.

I only wore the shoes for a couple hours, most of which was spent sitting, so I didn't feel I had really worn them enough to determine how comfy they were. Therefore, I wore them all day today to both of my jobs. It was super rainy, so I was unable to take a presentable outfit photo, but the important thing is that the shoes were very wearable. I don't suffer foot pain very well, so you can trust me. I walked all about town from 7 am to 6 pm, and didn't really have any issues.
If I'm being nit-picky, the waxy laces did feel like they were coming loose quite a bit, but that could just mean that I need to learn how to tie laces tighter. But, overall, I think it was $30 well spent. And that means a lot coming from me because that is the MOST money I have ever spent on a pair of shoes that weren't athletic. I just blew your mind, I know. What can I say, I am extra cheap, but these shoes just called to me from the moment I saw them. And everyone should have a splurge once in a while, right? And even though one of my friends (who will remain unnamed) said they made me 'look like Frankenstein,' the majority of them totally loved them as much as I did. So score one for F21 shoes!

1 comment:

  1. I have been eyeballing those shoes over here at my Forever 21. Which by the way just opened...2 stories and 80,000 square feet! The dressing room situation is horrible as it always is at F21. Whats up with that? Anyways good to know that they are comfy, cause they so do not look comfy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails