Thursday, October 21, 2010

Doc, There's A Hole Where Something Was

Cream Boyfriend Cardigan - Some random mall store years ago
Brown Boyfriend Sweater Vest - Forever 21 via Goodwill ($4)
Black Knit Jumpsuit - Silence & Noise, Urban Outfitters ($12)
Gold Belt - Forever 21 ($2)
Suede Leopard Pumps - Deena & Ozzy, Urban Outfitters ($10)

My clothes today were inspired by an outfit idea I found posted on Glamour.com a few weeks ago. If you'd like to see the real deal, find it here. When I bought this jumpsuit last fall, I was super excited about it. Yet, I have only worn it three times (including today). I think what I had going on today worked, even though it was bit risky with the brown and black combo.

It seems like the rain is gone for awhile, which gave me the opportunity to forgo a coat, and just hang with these two sweaters. Wearing this made me realize how much I desperately want a pair of black high-waisted tapered trousers. I love the silhouette of pants like that, but have yet to find a decent pair on the cheap. Plus, since I'm typically a skirt/dress kind of girl, I find it hard to justify pant purchases.
My morning classes were canceled today, so, of course, I went to the mall. I still haven't used my $5 off H&M coupon, but found nothing worthwhile today. Have any you all been to Charlotte Russe lately? I kind of view it as a less stylish Forever 21, but they are having such an awesome sale right now. I got a drapey vest, metallic gold flats and two pairs of heels (red and white) for just $22!. Granted, I know it's not the best quality, but I'm sure I'll get my $20 worth out of them.

But, after making it back to my car with my purchases, I started reflecting on all the shopping I've been doing lately, and I think I feel another month of no shopping will be in the works for me. I feel so bad about all the things I buy (even if they're cheap) when I already have so much, so I think a break from shopping will alleviate some of that guilt. Any of you ever troubled by your spending habits?

1 comment:

  1. Love this long and lean look on you!! I'm also going to begin a no-shopping policy for a month or so!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails