Sunday, September 26, 2010

Who You Gonna Run To Now?

Black Sunglasses - H&M ($6)
Leopard Print Cardigan - Harve Benard, Sears ($6)
Black Silk Romper - Heritage, Forever 21 ($10)
Black Leather Shoulder Bag - Wilson's Leather, gift
Black Embellished Wedges - Aerosoles, Kohl's ($7)

So this is what I wore last night to meet up some friends in Santa Monica. I have probably had this romper for over a year, and this is only the second time I wore it. We were all meeting up to attend Glow, an outdoor art show they've started holding ever year at the beach. Since my friends and I had never been, we didn't really know what to expect; let's just say we were underwhelmed.

Maybe the lot of us simply aren't cultured or refined enough to "get" the art that was on display, but nothing was remotely interesting to us. Except for maybe a lifeguard station that had foam coming out of it. But that would have been way more fun if they had actually let us run through the foam. Still, it was a good night in that I had a tasty dinner (pesto penne at Trastevere - mmm!), an overly indulgent giant bag of candy from the Candy Baron (double mmm!) and got to hang out with some old friends while making a few new ones.
Speaking of dinner, I have a query for you all: how much do you pay attention to restaurant grades? Not sure if this is the case in other counties/states, but in L.A. restaurants get letter grades from the health department and they are posted in the restaurant windows. Initially, my friend K, her husband and I had planned to have dinner yesterday at Umami Burger, right next to Fred Segal. Despite still being vegetarian, I am (and will always be) a devout burger lover, and Umami is pretty famous these days, so I was pretty psyched to try one of their veggie burgers. However, once we got there, K immediately noticed they had a "B" in their window. Even though her husband wanted to risk it anyway, we turned right back around and sought a more trustworthy A-level establishment. I can't for the life of me figure out why such a famous local burger place would have a B grade, but I hope it changes soon. I still want my burger!

2 comments:

  1. Few counties have grades. For Chinese we believe that grade A restaurants aren't as good as grade B because you can't make good chinese food with a clean clean kitchen. Unless it's some kind of fusion restaurant (which we don't like). I go to C grade restaurants as well if they are already established as my favorites or have good prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. My friend's husband and I would have been willing to overlook the B grade, but she was not having it. I guess I'll just have to go back with less picky friends or alone ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails