Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We Like To Watch You Laughing

Cropped Black Cardigan - Mossimo, Target ($6)
White V-neck Tee - Old Navy ($3)
Red Leather Belt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($2)
Silk Floral Print Skirt - Vintage, South Street Thrift Center ($4)
Red Leather Purse - Vintage, Goodwill ($5)
Black Leather Booties - Mossimo, Target ($10)

Apologies for the dark nighttime photo. Apparently, summer is officially over and the sun is setting well before 7 pm now, which means I've got to take my evening outfit photos enshrouded in darkness. This is not what I wore all day, it was just for my meeting tonight. The skirt is a lot to take in (even more so in person), but I love the vibrant pattern and full pleated skirt. It's clearly not a look for everyone, and while quite a few of my friends thought it was a bit laughable, I'm pretty pleased with it.
I picked up this skirt over the weekend when my mom and I did a little thrifting. I was looking for a few particular pieces (tweed blazer, leather jacket, camel pencil skirt, etc), but didn't really find them. In keeping with my new found shopping mantra of only buying things I need or absolutely love, I ended up spending only $10, which is quite a feat for me. I got this skirt ($4), a snake-print bodysuit ($3, and not as crazy as it sounds), a skinny yellow leather belt ($2) and a lovely pair of beige gloves ($1!).

Since I hate having new things and not wearing them, I'm sure the rest of the items will be appearing shortly. Anybody else on the lookout for specific items for fall? Have you been having more success in the malls or thrifting? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun skirt! I love the slightly retro vibe you've given it with the wide belt and cardigan.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails